Luxury made by Nature
Instructions for the Taiga collar
- In stock, ready to ship
ONLY AVAILABLE IN FINNISH!
The warm and soft Taiga collar is made from two threads.
The Taiga collar was originally designed for Valentine's Day. In it, two different threads intertwine, forming a strong, but delicate whole. Taiga is a great gift idea!
Soft and airy Taiga is pleasant to knit. The finished product is pleasing to the eye as well as the cheek. The collar was designed by Ateljee Piia Maria in collaboration with Ruukki Kehräämö. Taiga in the pictures is made of two different shades of 100% alpaca/wild silk/angora rabbit yarn.
The Taiga collar is knitted with a brioche knit, where two threads of different colors intertwine and mix the colors optically. The right and wrong sides of the work are slightly different colors. The shape of the collar is asymmetrical and there is a stylish split on one side of the collar.
- Ruukkin Kehräämö alpaca/wild silk/angora rabbit thread or
- Ruukkin Kehräämö angora/wild silk yarn or
- Ruukkin Kehräämö alpaca/wild silk yarn or
- Ruukkin Kehräämö's Suri alpaca yarn
- Two yarns of different colors, both about 50 g.
- Note that the threads do not have to be of the same material or even exactly the same strength.
- 3 mm circular needles
- The circumference of the collar at the top edge is 52 cm
- Length 28 cm
- If you wish, you can knit a cape-sized piece (35 cm) from the collar
You can find more information about brioche knitting on Ateljee Piia-Maria's blog.
Choose comfort without sacrificing sustainability
The most ecological product is the one, that is in use
We guarantee that our products will become your wardrobe favorites, whether you buy them ready to wear or knit them yourself.