We apologize that our spinning mill is so fully booked that we cannot take new spinning orders at the moment.
We buy alpaca and angora rabbit fiber
- We buy alpaca fiber with a quality of < 22 µ. The price is determined by the world market price level and the quality and purity of the wool.
- We also buy domestic angora rabbits fiber. The price is determined by the world market price level and the quality and purity of the wool.
Instructions for collecting and cleaning wool:
As the only spinning mill in Finland that cleanly processes alpaca wool and other special fibers, we also offer expert spinning service to other producers of alpaca wool or fine special fibers. You always get the yarn from the wool you send us.
Reserve a spinning time and arrange a time to send the wool with us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Attach the completed order forms to your shipment.
We recommend having shearing done by a professional, which minimizes the so-called double cutting and shearing takes place quickly, efficiently and stress-free.
The best way to store saddle fiber is as a "sheet", wrapped with corrugated cardboard, for example. In this case, we can still make sure that the primary fibers have not mixed with the fine secondary fibers before the spinning process begins.
The collected wool should already be divided into 2–3 separate parts during the collecting phase:
- Saddle area
- Neck and thighs
- Foot socks
General cleaning is best done by shaking. You can use, for example, a mink net (2 x 2 cm) as a strainer.
- Start shaking first with the outer surface up, so that any double shear falls out.
- Pick out the coarser fibers in the peripheral areas, the so-called primary hairs. These stand out as thicker and straight fiber bundles. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.
- Pick up trash, ESPECIALLY GRAIN AND HAY COBS. After this, you can still shake the wool with the cut side up.
After shaking, the wool can still be cleaned by separating the fibers as best as possible - this way loose dust and sand fall under the grate.
(We charge according to the incoming weight, so it's worth sending as clean fiber as possible.)
3. Spinning machine price list (+ VAT 24%)
- Alpaca yarn
- 3 strands < 300 m / 100 g, 80 € / kg
- 3 strands ≥ 300 m / 100 g, €120 / kg
- 2 strand ≥ 450 m / 100 g, €120 / kg
- Suri alpaca ≥ 200 m / 100g, €120 /kg
- Special fibers, e.g. dog hair: €160 / kg
- Felting mat €50 / kg
- Chunky (thick yarn) €50 / kg
- Wool cleaning (uncleaned) €100/h
- Also available 50 g skein + €10 / kg
4. Payment and terms of delivery
Payment according to incoming weight, minimum quantity to be processed 2 kg / quality. We reserve the right to return fibers if it is not suitable for spinning (e.g. due to poor shearing or foreign objects/substances).
Shipments over 30 kg are billed as an advance payment of 20%. Shipping with delivery costs must be paid before the finished goods are sent.
We store the finished goods free of charge for 4 days, after which the storage price is €10/kg/day. We store for a maximum of 3 months, after which the products are sold on behalf of the manufacturer.
VAT is added to all prices.